The Econometric Society is pleased to announce the results of its 2021 election of Officers and Council.
The following have been elected as officers:
- Guido Tabellini, Bocconi University has been elected President for 2022.
- Rosa Matzkin, University of California Los Angeles, has been elected First Vice-President. She will presumably become President in 2023.
- Eliana La Ferrara, Bocconi University, has been elected Second Vice-President. She will presumably become First Vice-President in 2023 and President in 2024.
- Enrique Sentana, CEMFI, has been elected Executive Vice-President.
The following have been elected to the Council:
- Europe and Other Areas: Jan Eeckhout, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
- Latin America: Aureo de Paula, University College London
The Society thanks Orazio Attanasio (Yale University) for his service on the Executive Committee as President of the Econometric Society, and Council member Ignacio N. Lobato, (ITAM), for his role as chair of the Latin American Regional Standing Committee.
Finally, the Society would like to express its gratitude to the members of the Officers and Council Nominating Committee for their work: Orazio Attanasio (Chair), Amy Finkelstein, Penny Goldberg, Michael Keane, Nobu Kiyotaki, Larry Samuelson, and Guido Tabellini.